Powered By Blogger

Saturday, January 29, 2011

Whistle and The Horse Comes Running

mrsroadrunner A Wildlife, Nature Photographer, Oregon

Whistle and The Horse Comes Running

That time again for the farrier to come over and do my geldings feet.

I have only had one person do my gelding feet his whole life. My gelding does not hate this process, in fact he gets loads of attention!


I thought when I got my young stud colt the best thing I could do for him and me, is teach him when he hears my whistle to come.

I got to admit, he was a fast learner! This whistling has kept him out of trouble when he got loose back in the day as well.

He went through the fence a couple times. Someone was mad at me and left a gate open another time. No worries though, all I have to do is whistle.

My gelding has been with me so long now that I doubt he even remembers his old life?

I caught him with my camera as I whistled. My gelding has taught the mare to come running too!!

No comments:

Post a Comment