Powered By Blogger

Monday, January 3, 2011

Snowy Mule Deer

mrsroadrunner A Wildlife, Nature Photographer, Oregon

Snowy Mule Deer


Some days the Mule Deer show themselves, while other days they do not.

Saturday was a day to show themselves, and it just happened to be a snowy day here in the high desert.

The buck was funny, he did hide his head, or tried the best he could at first. After some time of just watching him, snapping some photographs he must of figured I was ok and not there to hurt him for he came out in the open long enough for me to get quite a few shots, adjusting my lens as I went. With his breath seen and the one antler looking like it does.... he is unique looking!

The does and the older fawn stopped long enough for me to snap some photographs as well.

For those new to Mule Deer. The Mule Deer are very big deer. They are called Mule Deer due to their very large ears.

No comments:

Post a Comment