Powered By Blogger

Monday, January 3, 2011

Northern Harrier Bird Of Prey

mrsroadrunner A Wildlife, Nature Photographer, Oregon

Northern Harrier Bird Of Prey

I am very pleased to get these shots of this Northern Harrier.

I got these a couple hours ago down the road where we have seen this bird and another or so in a pasture.

These birds have been seen on private land and I do not trespass so when this opportunity arose today, while this Northern Harrier was not on the private land I took it!

While doing my research on this bird I came to realize why this bird of prey had a problem being still for me. Blending in is what I try to do with the environment, but being quiet is another story. This bird realize on hearing as much as sight when hunting. This bird was hearing me coming!

The male and female of the species look very different I found out as well. This Harrier is the male of the species.

I thought this Northern Harrier was on some prey, however after looking over the photographs it appears to be on some grasses.

Here are the photographs.

No comments:

Post a Comment