Powered By Blogger

Monday, January 3, 2011

American Kestrel Or Sparrow Hawk

mrsroadrunner A Wildlife, Nature Photographer, Oregon

It was nice to get out of the house!

I do not know about other places, but here this species of falcon are not real..... they take off as soon as attention is directed at them.

In other words I have tried to get some shots of the sparrow hawk and finally I did.

This American Kestrel is the smallest falcon in North America. Used in falconry so they must be pretty smart!

I think they are pretty little birds!

Eating grasshoppers, other small birds, and rodents so they are good to have around. Oh I believe they eat the lizards we have here too.

It looks like we are in for more bad weather here in central oregon but the wildlife need to eat and I was happy we seen what we did on our short drive.




No comments:

Post a Comment