Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Coyote Approaching in the High Desert

Mrsroadrunner Photography | Coyote Approaching in the High Desert


Mrsroadrunner Photography: Coyote Approaching in the High Desert &emdash; coyote 237

Meet the common Coyote ! One thing our area is known for is the Coyote. A wild dog that is not a big dog, though not a small dog either.

Mrsroadrunner Photography: Coyote Approaching in the High Desert &emdash; coyote 235

When heading off from the house I typically tell the son where I am going, or as my parents taught me to do - leave a note. I say in what direction I am planning to go. Just in case I am not back when dinner time comes around. I may take several cameras with me, or just one? To many variables, in fact with me that is a variables haha!

Coyote's are here in our area this is fact and I have ran into them several times on my outings. This time was as funny as the other times!

Heading to a spot I like to go for some of my photographs this Coyote just was not paying attention! I watched the Coyote approaching and a after thought was to get a photo or two! Sometimes I will take photographs of the Coyotes sometimes I just dont feel like it for we do have them here and they are a common thing to see.

The Coyote was on the other side of this gully when I first noticed the dog. I sometimes run into pet dogs running about, however the Coyote looks and moves a way any typical wild animal looks and moves while out hunting. You just cant miss them!

I stopped to observe the Coyote and perhaps to see how long it would take for the Coyote to notice me watching him ha! I wondered there at first if something did not scare the Coyote and that is why the dog was moving at the pace it was? I also was curious as to how close it would come to where I was standing haha, I'm a curious person ha!

Believe it or not Coyote's scare off the wildlife that I am out here to photograph! Everything goes quiet after those those first warning calls are heard. In other words I have lots of time to watch this Coyote. No hurry for gosh a while. It will take time for the wildlife to calm down anyways!

So I watched this Coyote go down into the gully and come back up, following it's nose is what I feel it was doing. Have dogs who do the same thing waiting for me back home! When I am out and about by myself I dont take any of the dogs with me. Why? I just cant pay attention to the dogs and do what I do. So I leave our dogs at home.

Coyote's for the most part are harmless. Typically, Coyotes have learned that people are not good news. Some people will shoot a Coyote on site for nothing more then being alive. I dont understand this practice myself for like I said I have ran into Coyotes on my own and with Guy and the dogs, Coyotes are just trying to make their way just like everyone else. However, I dont have livestock to worry about these days either.

This Coyote saw me and that is when I had to laugh! It turned around on a dime! Started heading off where it came from haha! That is when I thought well, take some photographs of it haha!

I and we have run into the loan Coyote like this time, and ran into dens with pups. Heck I even asked Guy to stop the truck once for I seen a puppy on the side of the busy road we were on! Come to find out it was a Coyote pup. The adult Coyote grabbed the pup and back into the brush they went.....You know I am more afraid of a pack of pet dogs who went wild then I ever will be of a Coyote......

Thanks for coming by and reading what happened on this day as I was out and about !

No comments:

Post a Comment