Powered By Blogger

Thursday, September 15, 2011

Buck In Rut Charging Oregon Wildlife



Coralie aka Mrsroadrunner: Buck In Rut Charging &emdash; antelope buck charging 023


I photograph several Antelope bucks every year here in Central Oregon.
Never had one charge me before!!
Like all the rest of the Antelope Buck I went after in the past to get a good shot.
This one at first stopped allowed me a couple shots than moved behind some brush. I thought that was that.
Boy was I wrong!!

He came charging out of the brush making this strange noise!
It was snorting but it was strange, not like a pig but it was loud and just strange!!
Then this Antelope buck stopped!!

Coralie aka Mrsroadrunner: Buck In Rut Charging &emdash; antelope buck charging 030 Coralie aka Mrsroadrunner: Buck In Rut Charging &emdash; antelope buck charging 033 Coralie aka Mrsroadrunner: Buck In Rut Charging &emdash; antelope buck charging 036 Coralie aka Mrsroadrunner: Buck In Rut Charging &emdash; antelope buck charging 039 Coralie aka Mrsroadrunner: Buck In Rut Charging &emdash; antelope buck charging 040
By this time Guy was yelling at me to get to the truck. I am not so quick, I thought!!
Come to find out I am quicker than I thought I was!!
By this time the Antelope buck was at a full charge!
I did what I could as far as photographs go. The Antelope buck was coming and the truck was right there, and I wanted photographs!
I got one photograph of him at a full charge and his front legs were off the ground.

Coralie aka Mrsroadrunner: Buck In Rut Charging &emdash; antelope buck charging 050 Coralie aka Mrsroadrunner: Buck In Rut Charging &emdash; antelope buck charging 047 Coralie aka Mrsroadrunner: Buck In Rut Charging &emdash; antelope buck charging 051

At this stage I was heading into the truck!

Out the window I caught this Antelope buck attacking (I think that is a good word for it?), a bush! He was rubbing his horns on it and just busting the bush all up!

Coralie aka Mrsroadrunner: Buck In Rut Charging &emdash; antelope buck charging 056


It is rutting time here in Central Oregon and dang these creatures can be out of control!
I had heard that people do get hurt by these rutting wildlife and I do try to be careful. The dogs were not with us this time and I really feel having the dogs with us makes things better for this kind of thing!

This post is available as a free ebook !

No comments:

Post a Comment